A fantastic opportunity has arisen to join the beverage team at Gravetye Manor, a Relais & Châteaux property and Michelin starred restaurant situated in the heart of Sussex and recently awarded with 4 rosettes at the 2019 AA Awards. We are looking for a talented and charismatic Head Sommelier to take over the wine department and familiarise him/herself with our around 600 references. We also offer a large range of wines by the glass to cater for every palate.
Full-time (48 hours per week)
The Sommelier is responsible for the service of wines in the restaurant and he/she will be collaborating with a Head Sommelier in the development of the wine list.
We are looking for a great personality with a high knowledge of wine, spirits and cocktails, but above all someone with exceptional customer service skills.
We run a very professional hotel and have won many awards! The wine list has a big potential to be one of the best in the UK, and to be rewarded as such.
You will report to the Head Sommelier and be part of the restaurant, sommelier and bar team of 25 passionate co-workers.
The hotel is busy throughout the year and in summer spills out on to our beautiful gardens.
Required skills / Experience:
We are currently looking for a charismatic, charming and passionate individual to join the Sommelier team at Gravetye Manor.
This is very much a front of house position so a need to be excited to interact with guests as well as bringing natural management skills to motivate and develop a high performing team is essential. This is a fantastic opportunity for someone to join a successful team and take the next step in their hospitality career.
The following criteria are preferred:
- To be committed to being part of a driven team that is aiming to achieve quality and high standards throughout the hotel.
- To be passionate, keen to share your knowledge and learn new skills.
- To show initiative and demonstrate a strong interest in the latest trends of the industry
- To be able to communicate with guests, colleagues and managers in English.
- To demonstrate an excellent attention to detail and ability to work under pressure
- 28 holiday days inclusive of bank holidays and a day off on your birthday after one year
- Quarterly paid service charge
- Staff discounts available within Relais & Châteaux and Pride of Britain
- Staff discounts at Gravetye Manor and family rates
- Anniversary gifts from your first anniversary
- Employee of the quarter and employee of the year awards
- Meals provided on duty
- Auto enrolled into company pension scheme
- Yearly Christmas staff party
Your job title and the tasks outlined above do not limit or define the work for which you are employed and the Company may require you from time to time to do other work within your capability. We may also ask you to work for short periods in other departments, if this is the case, then training will be provided where necessary to enable you to undertake the tasks expected of you.
To be considered for the role of Sommelier at Gravetye Manor, please send a copy of your CV and a cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org or use our online application form.
Thank you for considering Gravetye Manor as your next career step and we very much look forward to welcoming you in our team.