HousekeepingFull-time (39 hours per week)
Come and join a dynamic team of professionals for the re-opening of Gravetye Manor in May.
Gravetye Manor is a truly enchanting place; both close to the pleasures of London, yet far from its hustle and bustle. This beautiful Elizabethan manor sits proudly amongst the winding pathways and abundant flower beds in the English natural and wild gardens created by William Robinson. Our 17 beautiful rooms and suites combine old world charm and modern-day luxury offering guests a delightful stay. Furnished with beautifully restored antiques, original paintings and quirky period features, each room has its own unique character.
Be ready to show your skills, learn from us all and deliver an impeccable service, yet in a friendly atmosphere.
- To be on duty on time and always be presented in a clean and smart manner, ensuring uniform is smartly dressed and shoes are polished.
- To take responsibility for ensuring awareness of departmental rotas and shifts in order.
- To comply all assigned duties according to the Company policy and in line with the Company standards and procedures.
- To maintain the presentation standards of the bedrooms, bathrooms, public and private areas in keeping with the four red star status set by the AA and Relais & Châteaux.
- To be aware of the value of items used and comply with the departmental policies on use to keep costs in line with the departmental budget.
- To react to all customer requests positively and deal with them accordingly.
- To comply with all security measures to ensure the protection of guests and company property.
- To ensure that all equipment is used and maintained according to the Company standards and procedures.
- To participate fully in training, appraisals and departmental meetings as scheduled.
- To carry out any other reasonable duties as requested by the Head Housekeeper.
- To have a full knowledge of and be able to act upon the Fire procedures as laid down in the Hotel Fire Procedure in compliance with the Fire Precautions Act 1971 and to attend Fire Training as requested.
- To be fully aware of the required standards of Health and Safety in accordance with the Health and Safety at Work Act 1974 and company procedures and to attend Health & Safety Training as requested.
Required skills / Experience:
- To be committed to being part of a driven team that is aiming to achieve quality and high standards throughout the hotel.
- To have a passion for making a difference in our guests stay while displaying excellence in personal grooming and presentation.
- To take pride in providing discreet and outstanding service by maintaining the highest standards of cleanliness in all guest rooms, bathrooms and public areas.
- To demonstrate an excellent attention to detail.
- 28 holiday days inclusive of bank holidays and a day off on your birthday after one year
- Quarterly paid service charge
- Staff discounts available within Relais & Châteaux and Pride of Britain
- Staff discounts at Gravetye Manor and family rates
- Anniversary gifts from your first anniversary
- Employee of the quarter and employee of the year awards
- Meals provided on duty
- Auto enrolled into company pension scheme
- Yearly Christmas staff party
- Staff accommodation subject to availability
To be considered for the role of Room Attendant at Gravetye Manor, please send a copy of your CV and a cover letter to email@example.com or use our online application form.
Thank you for considering Gravetye Manor as your next career step and we very much look forward to welcoming you in our team.