Commis De Rang
Come and join a dynamic team of professionals for the opening of our new dining room at Gravetye Manor.
Full-time (48 hours per week)
Come and join a dynamic team of professionals at Gravetye Manor.
Our Restaurant Manager is looking to recruit motivated and passionate candidates to evolve in our newly built 60 seat Michelin starred restaurant with uninterrupted views over our famous gardens.
Be ready to show your skills, learn from us all and deliver an impeccable service, yet in a friendly atmosphere.
- To be on duty on time and always be presented in a clean and smart manner, ensuring uniform is smartly dressed and shoes are polished.
- To maintain the standards of Gravetye in keeping with the four red star status set by the AA and Relais & Châteaux and one Michelin star.
- To serve food prepared by our Chefs and assist in clearing tables.
- To be aware of how each dish is prepared and the ingredients used, developing your knowledge as the menu changes.
- To prepare mise-en-place both in the back office and in the dining room allowing a smooth running of service
- To maintain the cleanliness of the working area at the highest level and monitor regular cleaning schedules.
- To understand the importance of taking care of equipment.
- To report all comments, complaints and feedback to the relevant manager on duty.
- To adhere to strict precautions to safeguard hotel and guests property and to inform your manager immediately of any discrepancies, breakages and losses.
- To attend and participate in any training and personal development schemes as recommended by your manager.
- To liaise with other departments ensuring good communication and co-operation at all times.
- To carry out any other reasonable duties as requested by management.
- To comply with all the company’s Health and Safety requirements.
- To have a full knowledge of and be able to act upon the Fire procedures as laid down in the Hotel Fire Procedure in compliance with the Fire Precautions Act 1971, and to attend Fire Training as requested.
Required skills / Experience:
- To be committed to being part of a driven team that is aiming to achieve quality and high standards throughout the hotel.
- To be passionate, keen to share your knowledge and learn new skills.
- To be able to communicate with guests, colleagues and managers in English.
- To demonstrate an excellent attention to detail.
- 28 holiday days inclusive of bank holidays and a day off on your birthday after one year
- Quarterly paid service charge
- Staff discounts available within Relais & Châteaux and Pride of Britain
- Staff discounts at Gravetye Manor and family rates
- Anniversary gifts from your first anniversary
- Employee of the quarter and employee of the year awards
- Meals provided on duty
- Auto enrolled into company pension scheme
- Yearly Christmas staff party
- Staff accommodation subject to availability
Your job title and the tasks outlined above do not limit or define the work for which you are employed and the Company may require you from time to time to do other work within your capability. We may also ask you to work for short periods in other departments, if this is the case, then training will be provided where necessary to enable you to undertake the tasks expected of you.
To be considered for the role of Commis de Rang at Gravetye Manor, please send a copy of your CV and a cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org or use our online application form.
Thank you for considering Gravetye Manor as your next career step and we very much look forward to welcoming you in our team.