Full-time (48 hours per week)
A fantastic opportunity has arisen to join the food and beverage team at Gravetye Manor, a Relais & Châteaux property and Michelin starred restaurant situated in the heart of Sussex and recently awarded with 4 rosettes at the 2019 AA Awards. We are looking for a talented and charismatic Restaurant Manager to inspire, motivate and lead the front of the house team to achieve an excellent guest experience and guest satisfaction.
The Restaurant Manager is responsible for managing and assisting with the service of food and beverage the standards expected from the establishment making sure the team possess an outstanding knowledge of all food, cooking techniques and allergy requirements to ensure guests can be advised appropriately at all times.
We are looking for a great personality, passionate about our industry and above all someone with exceptional customer service skills.
You will report to the Food and Beverage Manager and be part of the restaurant, sommelier and bar team of 25 passionate co-workers.
The hotel is busy throughout the year and in summer spills out on to our beautiful gardens.
Required skills / Experience:
This is very much a front of house position so a need to be excited to interact with guests as well as bringing natural management skills to motivate and develop a high performing team is essential. This is a fantastic opportunity for someone to join a successful team and take the next step in their hospitality career.
The following criteria are preferred:
- Experience as Assistant Restaurant Manager/ Deputy Restaurant Manager/ Restaurant Manager in a busy restaurant/hotel environment.
- Being able to lead, train and develop the restaurant team to deliver the SOP’s.
- Being able to keep stock records, order from suppliers and build trustful relationships.
- Being able to take ownership of a busy dining room and serve the guests with the standards expected from a Michelin Star restaurant.
- Ensure that revenue targets are met as set out in the annual budget.
- 28 holiday days inclusive of bank holidays and an extra day off after one year of continuous service.
- Quarterly paid service charge (Accrual starts after three months of continuous service)
- Staff discounts available within Relais & Châteaux and Pride of Britain
- Staff discounts at Gravetye Manor and family rates
- Anniversary gifts from your first anniversary
- Employee of the quarter and employee of the year awards
- Meals provided on duty
- Auto enrolled into company pension scheme
- Yearly Christmas staff party
- Employee Assistance Programme
Your job title and the tasks outlined above do not limit or define the work for which you are employed and the Company may require you from time to time to do other work within your capability. We may also ask you to work for short periods in other departments, if this is the case, then training will be provided where necessary to enable you to undertake the tasks expected of you.
To be considered for the role of Restaurant Manager at Gravetye Manor, please apply HERE.
Thank you for considering Gravetye Manor as your next career step and we very much look forward to welcoming you in our team.