Front Of House
Come and join a dynamic team of professionals at Gravetye. Gravetye Manor is a truly enchanting place; both close to the pleasures of London, yet far from its hustle and bustle. This beautiful Elizabethan manor sits proudly amongst the winding pathways and abundant flower beds in the English natural and wild gardens created by William Robinson. Our 17 beautiful rooms and 60 seat Michelin Star restaurant now with uninterrupted views over the garden. Gravetye combines old world charm and modern-day luxury offering guests a delightful stay. You should be confident in your sales abilities and have a desire to meet targets.
Be ready to show your skills, learn from us all and deliver an impeccable service, yet in a friendly atmosphere.
Full-time (42.5 hours per week)
- To be on duty on time and always be presented in a clean and smart manner, ensuring uniform is smartly dressed and shoes are polished.
- Maintaining the standards of Gravetye in keeping with the five red star status set by the AA and Relais and Chateaux.
- To be fully proficient with the facilities, services, special promotions and offers offered by Gravetye to maximise guest sales
- You will be expected to be flexible and be fully proficient in checking a guest in with show round when required.
- Participate in full training on PMS and Restaurant booking system
- Proficient in taking Lunch and Dinner reservations following the standards set out in the SOP.
- Be aware if a guest comments or complaints, dealing with complaints politely and courteously at all times, calling the Duty Manager when needs arise, and inform the General Manager of all complaints as soon as possible.
- To work closely with OTA’s (booking.com) to sure the highest standards and met and maintained along with rate management
- To be aware of monthly budgets and targets to be met
- To upsell products and facilities to clients when reservations are made
- To work closely with the FoH Manager in understanding business trends, revenue and yield management
- Waitlist Management – both rooms and restaurant
- Concierge Arrangements for residents / non-residents where necessary
Required skills / Experience:
- To be committed to being part of a driven team that is aiming to achieve quality and high standards throughout the hotel.
- To be passionate, professional, confident, bubbly individual who is keen and a quick learner
- Be able to react to guest requests efficiently ensure details are communicated and followed through to all departments.
- To demonstrate an excellent attention to detail.
- Previous hotel reservation experience is preferred although not essential.
- 28 holiday days inclusive of bank holidays and an additional day off on your birthday after one year
- Quarterly paid service charge
- Staff discounts available within Relais & Châteaux and Pride of Britain
- Staff discounts at Gravetye Manor and family rates
- Anniversary gifts from your first anniversary
- Employee of the quarter and employee of the year awards
- Meals provided on duty
- Auto enrolled into company pension scheme
- Yearly Christmas staff party
To be considered for the role of Receptionist at Gravetye Manor, please send a copy of your CV and a cover letter to email@example.com.
Thank you for considering Gravetye Manor as your next career step and we very much look forward to welcoming you in our team.