Front Of HouseFull-time (42.5 hours per week)
Come and join a dynamic team of professionals at Gravetye Manor in May. Gravetye Manor is a truly enchanting place; both close to the pleasures of London, yet far from its hustle and bustle. This beautiful Elizabethan manor sits proudly amongst the winding pathways and abundant flower beds in the English natural and wild gardens created by William Robinson. Our 17 beautiful rooms and 60 seat Michelin Star restaurant now with uninterrupted views over the garden. Gravetye combines old world charm and modern-day luxury offering guests a delightful stay.
Be ready to show your skills, learn from us all and deliver an impeccable service, yet in a friendly atmosphere.
- To be on duty on time and always be presented in a clean and smart manner, ensuring uniform is smartly dressed and shoes are polished.
- Maintaining the standards of Gravetye in keeping with the five star status set up the AA and Relais & Chateaux.
- To comply all assigned duties according to the Company policy and in line with the Company standards and procedures.
- To welcome guests in a cheerful and courteous manner and to the standard expected along with using the guests name at all times.
- To accompany arriving guests to their rooms with a tour of the property where appropriate and full explanation of facilities.
- To participate in full training of PMS and Restaurant booking system
- To comply with all security measures to ensure the protection of guests and company property.
- To be proficient in taking lunch and dinner reservations following the standards set out in the SOP.
- To participate fully in training, appraisals and departmental meetings as scheduled.
- Ensure that all guest bills are accurate with all charges accounted for and be responsible for restaurant and room cashiering and the handling of daily banking.
- Complete all daily tasks (AM, Mid and PM procedures) to the standards set in SOP
- Be aware of guest comments or complaints and who to inform.
Required skills / Experience:
- To be committed to being part of a driven team that is aiming to achieve quality and high standards throughout the hotel.
- To have a passion for making a difference in our guests stay while displaying excellence in personal grooming and presentation.
- To take pride in providing discreet and outstanding service by maintaining the highest standards of cleanliness in all guest rooms, bathrooms and public areas.
- To demonstrate an excellent attention to detail.
- 28 holiday days inclusive of bank holidays and a day off on your birthday after one year
- Quarterly paid service charge
- Staff discounts available within Relais & Châteaux and Pride of Britain
- Staff discounts at Gravetye Manor and family rates
- Anniversary gifts from your first anniversary
- Employee of the quarter and employee of the year awards
- Meals provided on duty
- Auto enrolled into company pension scheme
- Yearly Christmas staff party
To be considered for the role of Receptionist at Gravetye Manor, please send a copy of your CV and a cover letter to email@example.com.
Thank you for considering Gravetye Manor as your next career step and we very much look forward to welcoming you in our team.