KitchenFull-time (37.5 hours per week) / Noon - 8pm / 5 days a week
Join a brigade of 20 passionate chefs to continue pushing Gravetye forward.
You will work under Executive Chef George Blogg (ex The Square, Le Champignon Sauvage) and Head Chef Charles Coulombeau (ex Les Prés d'Eugénie, Lameloise) with an extensive pool of knowledge to guide you towards success.
Our new dining room with uninterrupted views over our famous gardens is the perfect scene to showcase our Michelin star food.
Come and play a vital role as part of the Gravetye kitchen team with a focus on maintaining a clean, organised and tidy working environment.
- To be on duty on time and always be presented in a clean and smart manner, ensuring suitable uniform is worn.
- To maintain the standards of Gravetye in keeping with the four red star status set by the AA and Relais & Châteaux and one Michelin star.
- To ensure the cleanliness of the kitchen and all the devices (ovens, induction hubs, fryers, etc.).
- To wash up and put away pans and utensils in the main kitchen area.
- To dispose of waste (refuse/food waste/compost) in a sustainable manner.
- To remove any hazards and make safe any defects in the kitchen or its equipment and report any problems to a senior chef.
- HACCP - To adhere to company procedures in regards to temperature checks, food labelling and dating, cleaning schedules and hygiene regulations at all times ensuring that all records of such are maintained.
- To be able to take direction and instruction from other team members to help with performance and development of yourself and others.
- To attend and participate in any training and personal development schemes as recommended by the Executive Chef.
- To carry out any other reasonable duties as requested by the Executive Chef.
Required skills / Experience:
- To demonstrate an excellent attention to detail aiming at keeping the kitchens clean and tidy.
- To understand the necessity to dispose of each type of waste sustainably.
- To be committed to being part of a driven team that is aiming to achieve quality and high standards in the kitchen.
- To be able to communicate with colleagues and managers in English.
- 28 holiday days inclusive of bank holidays and a day off on your birthday after one year
- Quarterly paid service charge after completion of your probation period
- Staff discounts available within Relais & Châteaux and Pride of Britain
- Staff discounts at Gravetye Manor and family rates
- Anniversary gifts from your first anniversary
- Employee of the quarter and employee of the year awards
- Meals provided on duty
- Auto enrolment into company pension scheme
- Yearly Christmas staff party
To be considered for the role of Kitchen Porter at Gravetye Manor, please send a copy of your CV and a cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org or use our online application form.
Thank you for considering Gravetye Manor as your next career step and we very much look forward to welcoming you into our team.