Junior Sous Chef
KitchenFull-time (48 hours per week)
Join a brigade of 20 chefs to continue pushing Gravetye forward and enjoy a brand new kitchen.
You will work under Executive Chef George Blogg (ex The Square, Le Champignon Sauvage) and Head Chef Charles Coulombeau (ex Les Prés d'Eugénie, Lameloise) with an extensive pool of knowledge to guide you towards success.
Your role will consist of running one of our three different sections and ensuring that our high standards and quality are maintained
Be ready to show your skills, learn directly from the Chefs and the brigade and participate in the creation of seasonal dishes using the best ingredients directly from our kitchen garden.
- To be on duty on time and always be presented in a clean and smart manner, ensuring suitable uniform is worn.
- To maintain the standards of Gravetye in keeping with the four red star status set by the AA and Relais & Châteaux and one Michelin star.
- To support the Head Chef in the smooth running of the kitchen and run the department in their absence.
- To support and elevate the Chefs de Partie in the running of their section.
- To supervise all food preparation and presentation to ensure quality and restaurant standards
- HACCP - To adhere to company procedures in regards to temperature checks, food labelling and dating, cleaning schedules and hygiene regulations at all times ensuring that all records of such are maintained.
- To supervise the cleanliness of the kitchen and all the devices (ovens, inductions hubs, fryers…)
- To oversee and organise kitchen stock and ingredients.
- To manage food and product ordering by keeping detailed records and minimises waste.
- To supervise the training of Junior Chefs and assist the Head Chef in conducting their appraisals.
- To work with the Head Chef to maintain kitchen organisation, staff ability and training opportunities.
- To assist the Head Chef with menu creation.
- To attend and participate in any training and personal development schemes as recommended by the Head Chef.
- To carry out any other reasonable duties as requested by the Head Chef.
- To have a full knowledge of and be able to act upon the Fire procedures as laid down in the Hotel Fire Procedure in compliance with the Fire Precautions Act 1971 and to attend Fire Training as requested.
- To be fully conversant with and be able to implement the required standards of Health and Safety in accordance with the Health and Safety at Work Act 1974 and company procedures and to attend Health & Safety Training as requested.
Required skills / Experience:
- To be committed to being part of a driven team that is aiming to achieve quality and high standards in the kitchen.
- To demonstrate the ability to respond to business and client needs with humility and work under pressure.
- To possess strong leadership skills to motivate the brigade of chefs as well as strong organisational skills.
- To possess fine dining culinary skills and an extensive food & beverage knowledge.
- To demonstrate an excellent attention to detail.
- 28 holiday days inclusive of bank holidays and a day off on your birthday after one year
- Quarterly paid service charge
- Free English lessons available for foreigners
- Staff discounts available within Relais & Châteaux and Pride of Britain
- Staff discounts at Gravetye Manor and family rates
- Anniversary gifts from your first anniversary
- Employee of the quarter and employee of the year awards
- Meals provided on duty
- Auto enrolled into company pension scheme
- Yearly Christmas staff party
To be considered for the role of Junior Sous-Chef at Gravetye Manor, please send a copy of your CV and a cover letter to email@example.com or use our online application form.
Thank you for considering Gravetye Manor as your next career step and we very much look forward to welcoming you in our team.