HousekeepingFull-time (40 hours per week)
Come and join a dynamic and friendly team of professionals in an stunning country house hotel.
Gravetye Manor is a truly enchanting place; both close to the pleasures of London, yet far from its hustle and bustle. This beautiful Elizabethan manor sits proudly amongst the winding pathways and abundant flower beds in the English natural and wild gardens created by William Robinson. Our 17 beautiful rooms and suites combine old world charm and modern-day luxury offering guests a delightful stay. Furnished with beautifully restored antiques, original paintings and quirky period features, each room has its own unique character.
Be ready to show your skills, learn from us all and deliver an impeccable service, yet in a friendly atmosphere.
- To ensure all hotel rooms, corridors as well as ladies’ toilets are sparklingly clean and in keeping with the four red star status set by AA and Relais & Châteaux.
- To supervise, train and work alongside a team of professionals to achieve and raise our standards.
- To communicate effectively with maintenance for short and long term work required in the rooms.
- To communicate effectively with reception for daily operations and to update guest history.
- To schedule staff rotas.
- To deal with suppliers of linen, cleaning materials and guest supplies.
- To oversee stocktakes, budgets and remain on top of Health & Safety requirements.
- To attend bimonthly Heads of Department meeting.
- To demonstrate an awareness of green issues and work towards a more sustainable approach in running the department.
Required skills / Experience:
- To demonstrate an excellent attention to detail to ensure rooms are spotless and that equipment is stored safely.
- To nurture a good working relationship with other departments such as reception and maintenance.
- To manage, care for and inspire a hard working team.
- To be creative and always think of ways to make our guests’ stay even more memorable.
- 28 holiday days inclusive of bank holidays and a day off on your birthday after one year
- Quarterly paid service charge
- Staff discounts available within Relais & Châteaux and Pride of Britain
- Staff discounts at Gravetye Manor and family rates
- Anniversary gifts from your first anniversary
- Employee of the quarter and employee of the year awards
- Meals provided on duty
- Auto enrolled into company pension scheme
- Yearly Christmas staff party
- Staff accommodation subject to availability
Your job title and the tasks outlined above do not limit or define the work for which you are employed and the Company may require you from time to time to do other work within your capability. We may also ask you to work for short periods in other departments, if this is the case, then training will be provided where necessary to enable you to undertake the tasks expected of you.
To be considered for the role of Head Housekeeper at Gravetye Manor, please send a copy of your CV and a cover letter to email@example.com or use our online application form.
Thank you for considering Gravetye Manor as your next career step and we very much look forward to welcoming you in our team.