Events Sales Executive
Sales, Marketing and Events
Come and join a dynamic team of professionals.
Gravetye Manor is a delightful historic hotel set in more than 1,000 acres of tranquil English countryside yet just 30 miles from central London. Through our 17 beautiful bedrooms, 50-seat Michelin Star restaurant now with uninterrupted views over the garden, and two private dining rooms, Gravetye combines old world charm and modern-day luxury offering guests a delightful stay.
Be ready to show your skills, learn from us all and deliver an impeccable service, yet in a friendly atmosphere.
40 per week over 5 days - This role requires every other Saturday to be worked and offers flexibility to choose your day off during those weeks (working patterns can be negotiable for the right candidate).
Responsible for achieving proactive and reactive events sales at Gravetye Manor as well as the planning, execution, and development of the events provision to cover private dining, corporate events/meetings and weddings, to the service standards expected of a luxury hotel as well as to agreed financial targets.
Key responsibilities and accountabilities:
- Manage and process inbound enquiries, bookings, and communications in a timely manner and in accordance with brand standards - through all channels
- Pro-actively sell the events offering at Gravetye, attending local and national events and identifying new opportunities.
- Build a rapport with potential clients to convert enquires into confirmed bookings
- Build relationships with clients to encourage repeat business
- Carry out showrounds of the venue at times suitable to clients (including week-ends) with the view to achieving bookings.
- Co-ordinate event bookings, ensuring effective verbal and written communication with clients at all times.
- Ensure the continuous development of the events offering with the view to achieving revenue targets.
- Be responsible for all financial reporting and budgeting of events revenue.
- Work closely with the Events & Marketing Co-Ordinator to ensure the smooth running of the events office.
- Ensure effective use of software for events planning purposes, keeping up to date with training and latest developments
- Undertake all administrative duties necessary in processing, invoicing and filing bookings according to systems and requirements.
- Liaise and communicate with internal staff as well as external suppliers as necessary to ensure efficient co-ordination of events (chefs/front of house staff/ /musicians/florists etc)
- Undertake any other reasonable duties as required by the Director of Sales & Marketing
The ideal candidate will have the following:
- Minimum of 3-years’ experience in a similar role within Event Sales
- Ability to build rapport quickly and create professional, sustainable relationships
- A self starter with strong time management and multitasking skills
- Excellent written and spoken communication skills
- Excellent organisation skills, with the ability to prioritise workload to meet deadlines
- Excellent numerical skills
Thank you for considering Gravetye Manor as your next career step.
If you think you've got what it takes, email your CV to email@example.com