Front of HouseFull-time (40 hours per week)
Come and join a dynamic team of professionals at Gravetye Manor.
Gravetye Manor is a truly enchanting place; both close to the pleasures of London, yet far from its hustle and bustle. This beautiful Elizabethan manor sits proudly amongst the winding pathways and abundant flower beds in the English natural and wild gardens created by William Robinson. Our 17 beautiful rooms and 60 seat Michelin Star restaurant now with uninterrupted views over the garden. Gravetye combines old world charm and modern-day luxury offering guests a delightful stay.
Be ready to show your skills, learn from us all and deliver an impeccable service, yet in a friendly atmosphere.
- To be on duty on time and always be presented in a clean and smart manner, ensuring uniform is smartly dressed and shoes are polished. You should be clean shaven at all times
- Maintaining the standards of Gravetye in keeping with the five red star status set by the AA and Relais and Chateaux.
- To welcome all guests in a cheerful and courteous manner and to the standard expected along with using the guests name at all times
- To assist all staying guests with their luggage both upon arrival and departure.
- To be fully proficient with the facilities and services of the manor and to provide an understanding of the surrounding area.
- Liaising with other departments concerning client requests and their movement to ensure the highest standard of service is offered.
- To be responsible for cloak room management – both luggage and clothing along with guest essentials.
- To ensure the porch and cloak room areas are maintained to the standards set by management
- To provide shoe cleaning service when required to all guests
- To ensure the fires in all public rooms are maintained throughout the winter months
- Build and maintain an understanding of other Departments and their roles.
- To complete all daily tasks to the standards set in SOP
- Be aware if a guest comments or complaints, and who to inform.
- Be committed to being part of a team that is aiming to achieve quality and high standards throughout the hotel.
- To have a positive “can do” attitude.
- To support your colleagues as part of a team.
- Adhere to strict precautions to safeguard hotel and guests property, and to inform your Manager immediately of any discrepancies.
- Attend and participate in any training and personnel development schemes as recommended by your Manager.
- Attend Fire and First Aid Courses
- Liaise with other departments ensuring good communication and co-operation at all times.
- To have a full knowledge of and be able to act upon the Fire procedures as laid down in the Hotel Fire Procedure in compliance with the Fire Precautions Act 1971 and to attend Fire Training as requested.
- To be fully aware of the required standards of Health and Safety in accordance with the Health and Safety at Work Act 1974 and company procedures and to attend Health & Safety Training as requested.
Required skills / Experience:
- To be committed to being part of a driven team that is aiming to achieve quality and high standards throughout the hotel.
- To have a passion for making a difference in our guests stay while displaying excellence in personal grooming and presentation.
- To be a passionate, confident, professional and a keen learner
- Be able to react to client requests and handle with professionalism
- To demonstrate an excellent attention to detail.
- 28 holiday days inclusive of bank holidays and a day off on your birthday after one year
- Staff discounts available within Relais & Châteaux and Pride of Britain
- Staff discounts at Gravetye Manor and family rates
- Anniversary gifts from your first anniversary
- Employee of the quarter and employee of the year awards
- Meals provided on duty
- Auto enrolled into company pension scheme
- You are entitled to a service charge payment paid on a quarterly basis
- Yearly Christmas staff party
Your job title and the tasks outlined above do not limit or define the work for which you are employed and the Company may require you from time to time to do other work within your capability. We may also ask you to work for short periods in other departments, if this is the case, then training will be provided where necessary to enable you to undertake the tasks expected of you.
To be considered for the role of Porter at Gravetye Manor, please send a copy of your CV and a cover letter to email@example.com.
Thank you for considering Gravetye Manor as your next career step and we very much look forward to welcoming you in our team.