KitchenFull-time (48 hours per week)
Come and join a dynamic team of professionals for the opening of our new dining room at Gravetye Manor.
Our Head Chef, George Blogg, is looking for motivated and passionate candidates to integrate his team of Chefs in his newly designed kitchen. You will have the chance to take part in the opening of our 60 seat Michelin starred restaurant with uninterrupted views over our famous gardens.
Be ready to show your skills, learn directly from the Chef and his brigade and participate in the creation of delicious dishes using the best seasonal ingredients from our kitchen garden.
- To be on duty on time and always be presented in a clean and smart manner, ensuring suitable uniform is worn.
- To maintain the standards of Gravetye in keeping with the four red star status set by the AA and Relais & Châteaux and one Michelin star.
- To carry out and assist in the smooth running of the kitchen.
- To remove any hazards and make safe any defects in the kitchen or its equipment and report any problems to a senior chef.
- HACCP - To adhere to company procedures in regards to temperature checks, food labelling and dating, cleaning schedules and hygiene regulations at all times ensuring that all records of such are maintained.
- To deal with deliveries and stock rotation.
- To assist the senior chefs with the ordering of your section.
- To be able to take direction and instruction from other team members to help with performance and development of yourself and others.
- To attend and participate in any training and personal development schemes as recommended by the Head Chef.
- To carry out any other reasonable duties as requested by the Head Chef.
- To have a full knowledge of and be able to act upon the Fire procedures as laid down in the Hotel Fire Procedure in compliance with the Fire Precautions Act 1971 and to attend Fire Training as requested.
- To be fully conversant with and be able to implement the required standards of Health and Safety in accordance with the Health and Safety at Work Act 1974 and company procedures and to attend Health & Safety Training as requested.
Required skills / Experience:
- To be committed to being part of a driven team that is aiming to achieve quality and high standards in the kitchen.
- To be passionate, keen to share your knowledge and learn new skills.
- To be able to communicate with colleagues and managers in English.
- To demonstrate the ability to respond to business and client needs and work under pressure.
- 28 holiday days inclusive of bank holidays and a day off on your birthday after one year
- Staff discounts available within Relais & Châteaux and Pride of Britain
- Staff discounts at Gravetye Manor and family rates
- Anniversary gifts from your first anniversary
- Employee of the quarter and employee of the year awards
- Meals provided on duty
- Auto enrolled into company pension scheme
- Yearly Christmas staff party
- Staff accommodation subject to availability
Your job title and the tasks outlined above do not limit or define the work for which you are employed and the Company may require you from time to time to do other work within your capability. We may also ask you to work for short periods in other departments, if this is the case, then training will be provided where necessary to enable you to undertake the tasks expected of you.
To be considered for the role of Commis Chef at Gravetye Manor, please send a copy of your CV and a cover letter to email@example.com or use our online application form.
Thank you for considering Gravetye Manor as your next career step and we very much look forward to welcoming you in our team.