RestaurantPart Time (20 Hours per week)
Come and join a dynamic team of professionals at Gravetye Manor.
Our Restaurant Manager is looking to recruit motivated and passionate candidates to evolve in our newly built 60 seat Michelin starred restaurant with uninterrupted views over our famous gardens.
Be ready to show your skills, learn from us all and deliver an impeccable service, yet in a friendly atmosphere.
- To be on duty on time and always be presented in a clean and smart manner, ensuring uniform is smartly dressed and shoes are polished.
- To maintain the standards of Gravetye in keeping with the four red star status set by the AA and Relais & Châteaux and one Michelin star.
- To ensure the dining room is clean, appropriately set up, at a comfortable temperature with a strong mise en place to go through breakfast service.
- To be aware of guests’ dietary requirements that may affect the offer.
- To ensure the breakfast buffet is looking smart and generous with appropriate labels.
- To greet guests in a pleasant manner, using their name if possible, and sit them at a convenient table.
- To assist the Breakfast Supervisor or Headwaiter in taking hot course orders and ensure starters are cleared and main course served in a timely manner.
- To clear tables discretely ensuring the dining room is looking smart at all times.
- To replenish the buffet throughout service.
- To liaise with other departments ensuring good communication and co-operation at all times.
- To report to the Breakfast Supervisor or Headwaiter on duty.
- To comply with all the company’s Health and Safety requirements.
- To have a full knowledge of and be able to act upon the Fire procedures as laid down in the Hotel Fire Procedure in compliance with the Fire Precautions Act 1971, and to attend Fire Training as requested.
Required skills / Experience:
- To be committed to being part of a driven team that is aiming to achieve quality and high standards throughout the hotel.
- To be welcoming, accommodating and able to remember requests and preferences from one day to another.
- To be able to communicate with guests, colleagues and managers in English.
- To demonstrate an excellent attention to detail.
- 28 holiday days inclusive of bank holidays and a day off on your birthday after one year
- Quarterly paid service charge
- Staff discounts available within Relais & Châteaux and Pride of Britain
- Staff discounts at Gravetye Manor and family rates
- Anniversary gifts from your first anniversary
- Employee of the quarter and employee of the year awards
- Meals provided on duty
- Auto enrolled into company pension scheme
- Yearly Christmas staff party
To be considered for the role of Breakfast Waiter/Waitress at Gravetye Manor, please send a copy of your CV and a cover letter to email@example.com or use our online application form.
Thank you for considering Gravetye Manor as your next career step and we very much look forward to welcoming you in our team.