We are committed to protecting and respecting your privacy.
This policy sets out the basis on which any personal data we collect from you, or that you provide to us, will be processed by us. Please read the following carefully to understand our views and practises regarding your personal data and how we will treat it.
For the purpose of the Data Protection Act 1998, the data controller is Saphos Hotels LLP (operating as Gravetye Manor Hotel) ("we", "us", "our") of Craven House, 16 Northumberland Avenue, London WC2N 5AP (Company No. OC352354).
INFORMATION WE MAY COLLECT FROM YOU
We may collect and process the following data about you:
- Information that you provide by filling in forms on our website www.gravetyemanor.co.uk ("our website").
- If you write to us (by letter or email), we may keep a record of that correspondence.
- If you telephone us or we telephone you, we may keep a written record of that conversation. We may also record the conversation for the purposes of training and ensuring our service standards are maintained.
- Details of your visits to our website including, but not limited to, traffic data, location data, weblogs and other communication data, whether this is required for our own billing purposes or otherwise and the resources that you access.
We may collect information about your computer, including where available your IP address, operating system and browser type, for system administration and to report aggregate information to our advertisers. This is statistical data about our users' browsing actions and patterns, and does not identify any individual.
For the same reason stated above, we may obtain information about your general internet usage by using a cookie file which is stored on the hard drive of your computer. Cookies contain information that is transferred to your computer's hard drive. They help us to improve our website and to deliver a better and more personalised service. They enable us:
- To estimate our audience size and usage pattern.
- To store information about your preferences, and so allow us to customise our website according to your individual interests.
- To speed up your searches.
- To recognise you when you return to our website.
On this web site web usage analysis software is used. This software stores cookies on the visitor's computer in order to obtain the visitor's IP address, browser type, computer data and data related to the visit of this web site. The data shall be used to record and analyse visits to this web site and shall not be used to personally identify the visitor.
Most web browsers allow some control of most cookies through the browser settings. For more information about cookies and instructions on how to adjust your browser settings to restrict or disable cookies, see the IAB website at www.allaboutcookies.org
WHERE WE STORE YOUR PERSONAL DATA
Where we have given you (or where you have chosen) a password which enables you to access certain parts of our website, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential. We ask you not to share a password with anyone.
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we will do our best to protect your personal data, we cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted to our website; any transmission is at your own risk. Once we have received your information, we will use procedures and security features to try to prevent unauthorised access.
USES MADE OF THE INFORMATION
- We use information held about you in the following ways:
- To ensure that content from our website is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer.
- To provide you with information, products or services that you request from us or which we feel may interest you, where you have consented to be contacted for such purposes.
- To carry out our obligations arising from any contracts entered into between you and us.
- To allow you to participate in interactive features of our website, when you choose to do so.
- To notify you about changes to our website.
SUBMISSION OF COMMENTS
Where you submit comments on any public area of our website, you accept that these comments will be reproduced on that section of the website and will be attributed to you by using the name that you provide when making the submission.
USE FOR MARKETING PURPOSES
We may also use your data to provide you with information about offers, products and services which may be of interest to you, and we may contact you about these by post, telephone or email.
We will not sell or pass on your data to any third parties for marketing purposes.
You may change your preferences by contacting us at The Data Controller – Gravetye Manor, Vowels Lane, West Hoathly, Sussex RH19 4LJ or firstname.lastname@example.org.
DISCLOSURE OF YOUR INFORMATION
We may disclose your personal information to any member of our group, which means our subsidiaries undertakings and parent undertakings, as defined in section 1162 of the UK Companies Act 2006.
We may disclose your personal information to third parties:
- In the event that we sell or buy any business or assets, in which case we may disclose your personal data to the prospective seller or buyer of such business or assets.
- If Gravetye Manor is acquired by a third party, in which case personal data held by it about its customers will be one of the transferred assets.
- If we are under a duty to disclose or share your personal data in order to comply with any legal obligation, or in order to enforce or apply our terms of business and other agreements; or to protect the rights, property, or safety of Gravetye Manor, our customers, or others. This includes exchanging information with other companies and organisations for the purposes of fraud protection and credit risk reduction.
ACCESS TO INFORMATION
The Data Protection Act 1998 gives you the right to access information held about you. Your right of access can be exercised in accordance with the Act. Any access request may be subject to a fee of £10 to meet our costs in providing you with details of the information we hold about you.